Suitable for salt water marine engine and marine transmission cooling.
FluidEX® Marine Oil Coolers have been the first choice of coolers for many marine engine and transmission manufacturers for over 35 years. The unique tube stack design helps to prevent build-up of sediments and growth from occurring within the tubes whilst minimising erosion. For vessels operating in shallow or brackish water, Fluid Dynamics can also supply the Marine Oil Coolers fitted with our 70/30 CuNi tube stack or a Titanium tube stack to improve the length of operational service of the Oil Cooler. Our larger 2700 and 2800 series coolers feature leak detection rings as standard which will enable a maintenance engineer to see a leaking O Ring before the oil and water circuits mix. This feature is also available on our 2300 and 2500 series upon request.
Features of the Marine Oil Coolers include:
- 90/10 Cupro-Nickel tubes as standard and 70/30 Cupro-Nickel or Titanium tubes available for polluted waters
- Naval Brass tube plates as standard with option for 90/10, 70/30 or Titanium.
- Aluminium shells Gun Metal (bronze) headers
- Leak detection ring – standard on 2700 and 2800 series but also available for 2300 and 2500 series if required
- Nitrile seals (Viton seal are available for applications where operating temperatures exceed 100ºC)
- Manufactured in Europe
- Quick delivery times available for most products
Other technical features:
- Duty range – 3kW to 750kW (subject to flow rate and temperatures)
- Sea Water Flow – 20 L/min to 800 L/min (Subject to number of tube-side passes)
- High pressure designs available upon request